• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parse error

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded from RH7 to RH10.  I'm running 10.0.1.

1. The files (webhelp) generate fine, and in the output on my desktop I can see everything as I should (TOC, Index, Glossary, and all the topics and links) in Chrome and in Firefox. In IE11, the output seems fine, until I accept the blocked content. Than the pane with TOC, Index, Glossary, Search is empty.

2. When the output is put on a server, and when opening, the TOC, Index and Search content is correct, but you don't see the topics. The pane that holds the topics is blank with only an error message :

The error our Web server is giving for the defaultpage is :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /..../intronl/introzw_n.htm on line 1

The first line of the new RH 10 files are :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

The OLD RH 7 files did not have this line.

Thanks for any help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try adding the 'Mark of the web' in your SSL options.

Also, did you apply the IE10 patch? (See the announcement on

http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp)

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with IE11 is known and bug reports have been submitted to Adobe by myself and at least one other user I know of. IN IE11 when viewing your published help output if you press the F12 key to display the developer tools and navigate to the Emulation Tab, change the Document Mode from Edge (default) to 10 and your published help should fix itself. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to make this setting "stick" when developer tools are closed. Apparently there is a way to force Webhelp output in IE11 to emulate earlier versions of IE, but this also has problems.

At present we have advised users to NOT upgrade to IE11, and if they do (Windows Update has IE11 install as a standard), then revert back to IE10.

Awaiting a fix from Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the browser's back and forward buttons (with your scriptcode), the problem is fixed in Chrome, Firefox and IE9. I can not test the problem with the empty topic pane in IE10 (althougt in the print preview of the empty topic pane, the content of the topic was displayed...), because IE has been updated to IE11.

In IE11, on my desktop, the TOC pane is still empty. On the server, the TOC pane and the topic pane are OK now. But each popup opens now in a new browser window in the top left corner of the display.

I have this problem with one or both of my projects, depending on the version of IE11...

Version 11.0.9600.16438 Update 11.01.1 (KB2888505) : only with one of the projects

Version 11.0.9600.16428 IC Update RTM (KB2841134) : with both projects

http://pharm.kuleuven.be/pharma_care/cybele/CybeleN/cybelen.htm

Make your choice in the index (ex. aceclofenac) : open the topic and click on Klasse or Legende : normal popup with version 16438, new browser window with version 16428 IC.

In my other project, popup opens in both versions with a new browser window!

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a test in IE10 with your content – if I put it in Compatibility Mode, the “aceclofenac” topic displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the popups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn’t try that part – just did now – they act a little weird; it appears, but sometimes it’s left-aligned in the topic & sometimes it’s right-aligned. I can’t really tell why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you for trying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp