• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the extension folder for Adobe Bridge? (Mac)

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the output module on Adobe Bridge. I am totally new to Creative Suite and photoshop. I can't find any information on bridge extensions at all. Here's the page I found on installing the output module- http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

I downloaded it but after that is says to copy it into the extension folder. Where is the extension folder? Is it is Bridge? Is it in Finder? Any information on extensions is much appreciated! What exactly are extensions? What is the difference between the extension folder and extension manager?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Extension Manager and this folder are different entities.

After installing Br CC from Creative Cloud (https://creative.adobe.com/products), Then follow the following steps to access Br CC Extensions folder:

1. Click the Go menu.
  2. Then Go To Folder
  3. Now Copy Paste following location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions

This would open the Br CC Extensions folder, Follow the steps as mentioned in the help link to get AOM working.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extension Manager and this folder are different entities.

After installing Br CC from Creative Cloud (https://creative.adobe.com/products), Then follow the following steps to access Br CC Extensions folder:

1. Click the Go menu.
  2. Then Go To Folder
  3. Now Copy Paste following location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions

This would open the Br CC Extensions folder, Follow the steps as mentioned in the help link to get AOM working.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I are trying to install the component to allow us to make pdfs in Bridge. We are unable to locate any extension folder for Bridge CC using the direction above. We do find the Bridge CC folder under Library/Application Support/Adobe but there is no Extension folder there.

We do not have CS6. We skipped from CS5 directly to the cloud. Is this part of the problem? Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not have CS6. We skipped from CS5 directly to the cloud. Is this part of the problem? Please help!

As a CC subscriber you also have access to CS6 using the Adobe Download centre but that should not be needed to solve your problem.

see this article for correct install:

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

Mind you, this is about the library at system level, not user level

So look at your hard drive where the OS is installed and inhere is a library where the path given in the article should be followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Omke, but we've already been down that route. That's the first place we went actually. This folder: "Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions" does not exist. We have used the Go To Folder pathway and there is no "Bridge CC Extensions" folder at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I read post #1 correctly, you paste /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions into the menu/folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that.

Screen Shot 2013-11-19 at 12.56.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tilde (~) in front is causing the incorrect result.

However, here is a screenshot of the location, mind you, I don't have an English language system but with the translation you should manage to find it, probably in an other alphabetic order on your system. Copy the AOM folder to this location and don't forget to put the workspace in the workspace folder (with the arrow at the bottom)

Hope this helps.

screenshot-BridgeCC-extensions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omke, you are my hero. That little adjustment fixed it. Thanks! Not used to having to do these little workarounds...obviously. THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working in OS X 10.8.5

If the newly installed Output module displays as blank

Sorry is not help issues ;(

Possible issues

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot with the path to this folder in post 7 is made in OSX 10.8.5 so yes, it does work, you only have to look at the correct location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omake!

Thank you for your response.

Before I wrote a post I checked all possible options.

First I checked the Adobe help two times, then this post and other posts. Reboot, application settings and removed the files. Workspace.

Adobe bridge-AOM.jpg

For me does not work. there is no view of the whole panel.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot, application settings and removed the files. Workspace.

restarting almost never solves these kinds of problems. Resetting the workspace using the triangle next to the workspace names and from the menu choose reset workspace while your current workspace is Output might solve it.

Also resetting Bridge preferences by holding down option key while restarting Bridge often cures strange problems.

However it is not clear to me what you did delete as workspace per the hep document.

You have to be aware that installing the module and extension should take place in the system on root level (not in your user account) but the mentioned file to delete (!!-$$$AdobeOutputModule.workspace) is in the user library itself.

Quit Bridge, in Finder choose the menu Go with option key pressed. This reveals the user library in the drop down list. Choose it and follow this path:

User (your home folder) / library (which you revealed with the option key from the menu GO)/ Application Support / Adobe / Bridge CC / Workspaces. Inhere find and delete the mentioned file: "!!-$$$AdobeOutputModule.workspace" (probably on top of the list) and restart Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omake, Thank you for your patience with this specimen and willingness to help.

Niestey something is not right. Please see this movie. On the Rights of the root is exactly the same.

http://cl.ly/2J0g183N1f2A

Best Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first sight I can' see anything wrong about the correct locations you used.

There was no need to delete all workspaces but that also should do no harm I would think.

You once pointed at the bridge6.plist file but it is not clear to me what you did with it. Personally I would quit Bridge and delete this plist file manually and then restart with again holding down option and use reset preferences.

And you did also use the reset to standard workspaces instead of the reset workspace to only reset the selected workspace. I don't know for sure this will make a difference but it is worth a try.

And while you are in the user library to delete the plist file for Bridge also look in the folder caches in this library.

User / library/caches/adobe/Bridge CC and inhere find and delete both the plug in and cache folder, then restart Bridge.

Finally it might be also worth a try to download CS6, it should not be needed to do so but it was one of the earlier solutions that worked. In your ACC menu click on any app that shows blue and this brings you to the CC website. Choose download center and find PS. Click on the icon and this gives you the detailed download page. Inhere you can change CC to CS6.

Download PS6 it and install it (this also installs the CS6 version of Bridge which was not a separate download in CS6). Then try first start CS6 and start the AOM which is installed by default in this version.

Then when having used this once quit CS6 and try CC (or even combine with restarting your Mac).

Hope this helps, because I'm running out of options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I've had enough. Too bad my and You time. If it is to be a set of "creative" to create contact sheets it should be a reward Adobe for great creativity.

Best Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Visual is AWESOME!!!!! Thank you VERRYYYYY much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does not work either!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I too have been having all of the above problems since installing Adobe Bridge CC.

I wanted to create a contact sheet of a group of images and while doing so discovered the output had dis appeared from Bridge.

I have followed all the instructions above, replacing 'output module folder' and deleting "!!-$$$AdobeOutputModule.workspace" from my user library; which after a system reboot displayed the output panel in bridge :-).

I then selected my images, changed the output options to what I wanted and hit 'Save'..........and the below error now appears!!!!!

Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 18.14.24.png

These images are on my desktop, so i'm not sure why it is saying "File or folder does not exist"

Please help, i am growing tired of not being able to complete the simplest of tasks.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change back to workspace where you can see all the files that have been selected (in your case Essential or create your own workspace) and double check if you have only the images selected.

Otherwise restart Bridge holding down option key to reset preferences and or check and repair permissions for your OSX using Utilities / Apple Disk Utility / check and repair permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omke,

I changed back to my essentials workspace and checked only images were selected, which they are.

I also restarted bridge with the option key down and reset the preferences. By doing this my output panel has now appeared blank again and the "!!-$$$AdobeOutputModule.workspace" file has been returned to the 'Workspace' folder in the Bridge Application Support folder in my user library.

I have also ran the permissions disk verification function in my Disk Utilities and following this deleted the above file from my user library. A quick bridge restart and the output menu is still blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for checking quickly, can you create a new user and test if it works from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for further efforts help me.

The film was made on a new user...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm also running out of options.

Can only tell that I have no problem using Mac OSX 10.8.5 with Bridge CC running the Output Module smoothly.

Looking at your video you still don't have reset the Output Module itself with reset workspaces, you did reset all standard workspaces and reset workspace while being in the Essential workspace but I doubt this will make a difference.

I can only advice you to download also the CS6 version as mentioned in post 14 and try if this will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines