• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which specific version(11.?.?) of flash plugin introduced the requirement for Firefox 17.0 or higher

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to upgrade flash plugin on multiple pc's, but they are currently running Firefox 15.  More testing would need to be done to upgrade Firefox to version 17 and we don't want to get into that at this time.

I looked in the system requirements documentation for 11.7, 11.8 etc, but did not see when this was introduced.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF 15 was August 28, 2012. (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Old/2012)

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 was released August 21, 2012. (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html)

That's the closest pairing I could find, although Flash Player was a week ahead of the FF release.

The next release after that was Flash Player 11.4.402.278 September 18, 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would anything newer than 11.4.402.278 require Firefox 15 to be updated?  Or better, what is the newest version of flash that can be run on Firefox 15?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have to speculate that there's some leeway there. Firefox took nearly ten years to get from version 1 to version 4, and then went to 25 in less than 24 months. There used to be such a difference between builds that what required 4 wouldn't work with 3, but not so much these days. Apart from the implementation of the PDFJSViewer in version 20, Firefox hasn't made any major changes to the browser between version 15 and 25, that I've seen.

Firefox 17 was released November 20, 2012, and Flash Player 11.5 was two weeks prior to that.
For all the "digging" I've done, I can't find any release notes for older versions that specify a minimum browser requirement. Only the latest that says "17 or greater". I'll keep looking, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike.  We'll do some testing and see if/how 11.9 works on Firefox 15.  I appreciate your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines