Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LDAP two fields merge

Level 1

Hi,

I have connection with Adobe Livecycle and my company LDAP.

I write a sql query, where get two values from LDAP- name(employees) and title(they position in company).

This result i put in two dropdown list and need this field to merge. Now this field value is separately. What can I do to bring these value?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 8

I'm not certain what you're asking but I think you want to merge the selection of two dropdowns into a text field.  If that's what you want then on the exit event of the dropdown you could have something like

TextField1.rawValue

= DropDownList1.getDisplayItem(DropDownList1.selectedIndex) + ' ' +

DropDownList2.getDisplayItem(DropDownList2.selectedIndex)

Level 1

I use other choise merge this dropdown list: this.rawValue=name.rawValue + " " + title.rawValue and get result one field.

But I need other solution.

I made a connection to Active Directory and got two attributes - employees and positions. Then I insert these two fields with attribute in LiveCycle and get the results from the Active Directory.When I choose DropdownList1 another employee in Dropdownlist2 (his position) does not change.

For example,

DropdownList1 - inga, janis, maris, liene, salvis ;

DropdownList2 - maneger, director, analyst, programmer, seller.

That meen - inga ir maneger, janis is director, maris is analyst...

This data is from Active directory. Then I get a choise janis, in dropdownList2 dosn't appear his position. (left the first value - maneger)

And what i need...a need make this dropdownList populated/merge from LDAP.

I'm sorry about my English, it's not my native language.

Level 8

So if a user selects something in one dropdown you want to select the corresponding value in the other dropdown.

DropDownList2.formattedValue

=

DropDownList2.getDisplayItem(DropDownList1.selectedIndex)

Level 1

Yes, but this solution don't work.

I choose from dropdownlis1 value, but in dropdownlist2 disappear/lost values.