• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital editions doesn't detect anything.

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't digital editions detect my ipod or my acer tablet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE does not generally recognize tablets; though I think a few run ereader software that makes them look like a dedicated ereader device that can be seen by ADE.

For most tablets, you install an ereader app (such as Bluefire, Aldiko or Overdrive) and register that app with your Adobe ID (if you want to read Adobe DRM books).

You then copy books from your PC using your file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder) to the tablet showing as a mounted drive.

Apple devices don't show as mounted drives either (Apple like to make things difficult for their users), so you have to transfer using Dropbox, iTunes or emailing yourself.

Do you mean ipod or ipad?  I doubt you can read Adobe DRM books on an ipod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying. I followed your instructions and it worked great. I have read DRM books on my iPod before, but I must have downloaded them directly on to it instead of transfering from the computer. Anyway thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines