• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.3 installation fails (Windows 8.1 x64)

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Lightroom 5.2 installed. I ran LR 5.3 installation from Adobe CC applications to update it. Installation failed with the following in log file:

Exit Code: 7
Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: 

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s) 

----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 5.3.0.0 Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi_5.3 -----------

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1624 - Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
MSI Error message: 

ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi failed with exit code: 1624

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I removed LR 5.2 from Windows Control Panel and tried to install 5.3 once again. Same error occures.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

PS I tried CC Cleaner but it doesn't list Lightroom for cleaning

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Here is my solution:

Adobe CC application downloads Lightroom installer to Windows temp folder. Locate it. You should look in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Temp (and subdirectories) for Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi

Execute it and install LR as any usual Windows application.

Then launch Adobe CC application (Lightroom should be listed there with same failed installaion state). Retry installation. It should be sucessful now and Adobe CC should recognize that Lightroom is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TohaToha,

Please refer : http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/exit-code-7-displays-installing.html

If the system requirements meet with that of Lightroom, kindly try the below mentioned links

Links 1: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/errors-exit-code-6-exit.html

Links 2. http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html

Thanks!

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2013 Dec 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TohaToha. You saved me a lot of time!

Hey guys at Adobe! If this is known already on this forum since December 12, why then isn't it solved yet?

MPC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpcevat and others in this discussion please see Error: "There was a problem installing Lightroom 5" installing Lightroom 5.3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-installing-lightroom-53.html for more information regarding this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious...? No, this does not help. And I have English as my language now (in every setting everywhere), though I am from Finland.

When are you going to fix this?? I just installed LR 5 again, because it stopped to export! I have English as the language. It failed to install again, and I had to find it in the Temp-folder like TohaToha kindly advices here (thank god!).

Well, now I have LR 5 installed, but it does not allow me to export any files anymore. It just tilts, halts, freezes. Says only "bling" after "File - Export" and I have to use ESC to get the mouse and LR work again. But not able to Export. I am so mad! I need to be able to do my customer work and export, what is wrong there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, TohaToha's fix worked for me, maybe you can update the Adobe article with that fix as your link just acknowledges a problem we already know about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my solution:

Adobe CC application downloads Lightroom installer to Windows temp folder. Locate it. You should look in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Temp (and subdirectories) for Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi

Execute it and install LR as any usual Windows application.

Then launch Adobe CC application (Lightroom should be listed there with same failed installaion state). Retry installation. It should be sucessful now and Adobe CC should recognize that Lightroom is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great and valid tip. I've just tried and now it works perfectly 🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TohaToha,

thanks so much, it worked! I just installed LR5 from the temp folder and started it. Worked fine, no serial numbers asked or anything. I just don't understand why is it using a temp folder that causes these errors...?

Thanks thanks thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for saving me hours of messing about TohaToha. I expected it to install first time like a fool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TohaToha great help mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things must have changed, I don't see any files to do with Lightroom. Lots of visual C++ redistributable set up files with a lot of numbers, mostly text or html. No executables and no mention of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines