• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help File Doesn't Display Through Application

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted an old RoboHelp .hpj project to Microsoft HTML Help with the RoboHelp 6. When I view the .chm file it looks fine. However, when we call it through its software application, the TOC displays on the left but the actual topics do not. It's the generic message like you are not connected to the Internet, the web page is encountering problems, etc. IE is the default browser, and again, it works if you just launch the .chm file independently. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi norapetch and welcome to our community

Is the .CHM on a Network (LAN) drive? If so click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not on the LAN; we're running it locally. The full message is "This program cannot display the web page." Then it has the generic reasons I originally mentioned. Not sure what's causing it since it runs when you double click the CHM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit of a stretch, but if your CHM contains browse sequences, a glossary, or the WebSearch feature, you need to register HHActiveX.dll on your end users' systems. Also, if you included third-party ActiveX controls, you'll need to install and register the support files on those systems. If this is the case, check the "Distributing Microsoft HTML Help" topic in RH's Help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already knew about the HHActiveX.dll and don't have any other 3rd party ActiveXs. However, what we did discover today is that if you copy the CHM file to a "FAT" drive and then copy it back onto the local drive, it works. I'm really not sure what on the FAT drive fixes it... we found it through some web searches. Not my ideal solution but it seems to be working. Go figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi norapetch

How odd is that? About the only thing that would seem to make logical sense here is that possibly it has something to do with the way the files are stored on a FAT file system, with the cluster sizing.

Totally bizarro.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing what your solution was!

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp