Robohelp 9 on Windows 7 64-bit: "Word not installed"

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64-bit

Robohelp 9

Word 2010

I did check the forum for this discussion (in 2011) which suggested approaching Adobe for a file to fix the problem.

Adobe Support states that there is a long waiting line for support responses so i am posting in the hope that someone can help me sooner.

Is anyone able to direct me to a file download location for this solution?

When i select to update linked word documents in a project i receive the following message:

Untitled.png

• Does i t matter if the projects are on a different partition to the installed software ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

@A Scribe

I suspect your issue is Rh is simply not seeing the 64 bit version of Word. The error message is wrong but it is the one Rh throws when it cannot find Word.

Email me via my site with a link to this thread and request an Adobe produced file that I can send you. I will need to know exactly which Rh version you have including the build number.

I would get Word changed to the 32 bit version regardless as you may have other issues with the 64 bit version. Microsoft advise the 32 bit version fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resolve this by other means or is it still an issue?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not resolved.

My documents are on a sharepoint site. I have no problem relinking word documents as it simply raises an authentication prompt so i assume that the issue does not lie there.

Robohelp is installed on the C partition of my machine and i have a sotrage area on the D partition but i have tried moving projects betweent he two partitions in case that was a related issue but the problem remains regardless of the locaiton of the project.

Have you heard of this issue before ?

Maybe i should check this on the MS forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Rh on the C drive and projects on another partition is not a problem, it is the way I always work.

Two thoughts to start with.

That your Word Normal template is not installed on your C drive, maybe it is on a network drive. Is that the case?

The other possibility is that you are using the 64 bit version of Word? I don't think that is the issue here as usually it will find Word but not work correctly.

Also see Print Issues on my site. The file referred to will not fix the problem as that is for a different error message. However, there are other solutions there.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS is 64-bit so i presume office is installed 64-bit too but not able to verify because i cant find out where the About dialog is on Word 2010.

Despite this, the Help has compiled without any problem but i am concerned that the file is not up to date and will need to check to see if content updates with changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but you cannot make that assumption. Go to File > Help and look under About Microsoft Word on the right.

I am surprised Rh allowed you to create a link if it could not find Word. What happens if you try to generate a printed document? Does that work?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is 64-bit

When i attempt to generate a printed document  the process fails.

i get the following message while proceeding through the generate dialog:

The version of Microsoft® Word you are using has some known limitations with documents that contain a large number of list items (~1500). To avoid this problem, please download the latest Office 2000 service release (SR-2 or later). For more details, please see the online Help.

In the Output view panel i get the following message:

"A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved the same issue when attempting to generate a printed version of our help.

Windows 64 bit w/office 2013.

I also have office 2010 installed as well in an attempt to work around the known 2013 word issues regarding importing. I can import word docs fine after opening the 2010 verision of word but recently came up against the generating a .pdf output for print. Same: "A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer." Issue.

Any thoughts or updates? I appreciate this site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@A Scribe

I suspect your issue is Rh is simply not seeing the 64 bit version of Word. The error message is wrong but it is the one Rh throws when it cannot find Word.

Email me via my site with a link to this thread and request an Adobe produced file that I can send you. I will need to know exactly which Rh version you have including the build number.

I would get Word changed to the 32 bit version regardless as you may have other issues with the 64 bit version. Microsoft advise the 32 bit version for compatibility with other apps.

@Joel

Did you run Word 2010 before attempting to generate the printed document?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good now after reinstalling Office in 32-bit mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know,

@petergrainge I did run word prior to attempting to generate the printed document. I'll try to reinstall word 32-bit and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the info,

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp