• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra products with Flashplayer download

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading Flashplayer 11 and saw Google taskbar and Google Chrome beint downloaded. I dont want Google Chrome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

NOTHING ELSE in those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mike M's response to docbeeyt's fails to address is it should my choice to install other software. If i want Chrome, I'll go and find it for myself and I don't wish to be hoodwinked by apparently reputable company's like Adobe into installing unwanted bloatware.

Just install what you're prompting me about or give me VERY clear instructions, before clicking the download button, what you intend to try and do to my PC. It's bad enough keeping clear of the bad people in the cyberworld without Adobe joining in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DeeBee,

"Bundled software" comes with so much stuff these days, and I don't like it any more than you do... so I don't update ANYTHING [Adobe free products, or Creative Suites, Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2008(Mac), 2010, 2011(Mac) or 2013), Roxio Media Creator or Toast (Mac), VLC Media Player, Java (Windows or Mac), Silver light, or ANY of nine (9) OS builds I have on my machines] automatically. It's a pain having to do that for every suite or piece of software on every machine, but I pick three or four every Wednesday and just go through everything. It beats the **** out of having to undo a McAfee or Norton install, and since I already have Chrome for testing webpages and plugins, it's installed and up to date anyway.

I'm not justifying the practice, just offering and recommending a way to avoid it. I won't even begin to adress the ethics because I've actually read the download agreements and end user agreements for just about every Adobe product there is, and believe me, they cover this. Besides, I'm a volunteer here, and not an employee or manager, so my voice is just like yours on this.

I need my machines for troubleshooting and three of them to make a living building websites for people. I can't afford problems caused by unwanted software interfering with what I already have. So, I take control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines