• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer on 10.5.8

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to install flashplayer on mac 10.5.8. There is no flasherplayer installed, everytime i try to download it quits and asks me to relaunch, this cycle over and over.

would upgrading to snow leopard help or unrelated?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to Snow leopard won't help with this particular download, but it WILL allow you to run the latest version of Flash Player, which will allow you access to much more Flash content on the web today.

Apple sells Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) for $19.99 and they ship it free.

As to your current install issue:

Download the latest working version for OS 10.5.8 (Intel) here:  Flash Player 10.3.183.90

Unzip it. Inside thereshould be a few folders. One is named "10_3_r183_90".

Inside that folder is a flashplayer_10_3r183_90_mac_intel.dmg

01.jpg

Double click that and it will mount on your desktop, and open a window with the installer.

1.jpg

Right click the installer and choose "Show Package Contents"

2.jpg

Go to: Contents/Resources and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file

3.jpg

The installer will open, ask for your Admin password, and it will install.

Do that and order a copy of 10.6. and install it. then you'll need to update it to 10.6.8, and you can run all sorts of stuff that 10.5 won't handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install was successful but when I test on youtube I says I need to download flash player...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That'll happen with OS 10.5.8.

The Flash Player you have is the newest for your OS - it ISN'T the newest available, and many websites require a minimum of version 11 to access their content. That's coded into the videos or games in the page. There's no way around it, other than ordering a copy of OS 10.6 from Apple, installing it and running the Apple updater to get it to OS 10.6.8. THEN you can install Flash Player 11.9.900.170.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines