• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash update to Version 11.9.900.117 fails to install

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have verified that I have Flash version 11.9.900.117 installed on my Mac running OS X.8.5. When trying to install the new update. The download process fails during the Install process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it get to 50% and then you see a "General Installation Error"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. One one occasion it got to 60%. All other attempts reached 5 or 6%. The message was "Installation Failed", Get Support. I removed the Preference Pane, and tried a new Installation. That failed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, as long as it WASN'T "General Installation Error" specifically. That's a bad one. It comes from deleting the mach_kernel file which the 10.8.5 update made visible. THOUSANDS of people deleted it not knowing what it is. It's a base file for your OS and NOTHING can install or update without it.

That said, I recommend you do a complete clean install per the instructions here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1343084

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike. It was a good try. I followed your directions to the letter (I'm an experienced Mac user). The same message occured - This time "Installation Failed" message occured at 39%. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike. It was a good try. I followed your directions to the letter (I'm an experienced Mac user). The same message occured - This time "Installation Failed" message occured at 39%. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mount the DMG and when it opens, right click the installer app. Choose "Show Package Contents".

In Contents/Resources - double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg and run it outside of the normal installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions again, Mike. I should note that I have my HD partitioned, running OS X.8 Mtn Lion on one partition, and OS X.6 Snow Leopard on the other. When I ran the installer from the Package contents (Adobe Flash Player.pkg), only the Snow Leopard partition would accept the installation. The installer noted that the Mtn Lion partition was NOT available. This latest installer is supposed to be for OS X.6 or later. What gives? Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new (admin) account and running the installer unser that account?  It may be a permissions problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try this tomorrow. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines