• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync layer out point with playhead

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - first newbie question.  I'm trying to convert my animation skillset to Captivate layouts and desgin.  So far so good.  But I have a question I hope there is an good answer too.  I see you can set the layer inpoint to sync to the playhead with CMD - L , but is there a similar shortcut to cut the layer (set an outpoint) at the playhead position?  This would be really helpful to quickly set outs on multi text line layouts.  Thanks!  Bill

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about the cptx, and it has not the same functionality as a video editor (I hear you talking about in and out points).

CTRL-L will align the start of the object timelines with the present playhead position. I have been asking multiple times to have also a CTRL-R to align the endpoint of an object timeline to the playhead position but that request was never 'heard'. Maybe you could try to add your voice to mine?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can do.  I'll look up the suggestion link.  I realize the purpose of this program is really the e-lerning guts - not the layout tools.  But this is an Adobe product - it's not like they don't know how to make a set of timeline tools useful!

I appreciate the response. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, but it is developed by a totally different team in another location. You'll find other tools missing (that I'm craving for): rulers, and custom guides. The swatches panel is brand new (have been waiting for that as well since many versions) and can use some improvements. As you say: this is an elearning authoring tool, not a layout tool. And it has a video companion application (HD Video Demo) where you'll find in and out points in the video editor. But also limitations, it is not Premiere, nor After Effects.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources