• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the Adobe support page detect that I have Flash Player on my computer?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've tried installing and uninstalling Flash Player on several occasions and restarting my computer but it still doesn't work. Some videos on Youtube don't work. When I went to view the articles on the Adobe website about troubleshooting installation, the website can't even detect I have Flash Player or use it. I have a apple computer, my operating system is OS X 10.9 and I use Safari 7.0. My version of Flash Player is 11.9.900.170. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari>Preferences>Security

Is "Allow Plugins" checked?

If it is, follow the illustrated instructions here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1343084 to do a complete "clean install".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your help. I had to download Java and then go in the Safari Preferences, Manage Website Settings and adjust the settings for Java to Always Allow plugins for Java. I don't know why, but Java wasn't installed. It works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OS 10.9 "Mavericks" comes with Java 7 but it DOESN'T have Java 6. I don't know why. I had to download it to get ANY of my CS5 or CS6 apps to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines