• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open books on a new ereader?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought a new ereader and authorised it to DE which was already installed for another reader. Seemed to download books successfully but when I tried to open on the device message said 'no file found'. It seems that it will only open books authorised to 'unknown' although I have authorised the reader to my registered authorisation. Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your copy of ADE, your old ereader, and all the books you download onto ADE are authorized with your Adobe ID.

You need to authorize the new eReader device with that ID as well.

Sounds as if you have been trying the right thing, but ...???

Is there any 'info' menu or similar on the device that will say what ID the device thinks it is authorized to?

Maybe the device authorization did not work quite right. Try  ...

1. With the device plugged in by USB,
  2. ctrl-shift-E to deauthorize the device (cmd-shift-E on Mac)
  3. restart ADE (maybe not necessary)
  4. menu/Help/Authorize Device (for ADE2.0/2.0.1), Library/Authorize Device (for older more relaible v1.7.2)

If that doesn't work, post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. i have done all those things. i think you are right.....post back! Just one thing though.....the books seem to download and are in the ereader library but when i try to open them i get the message 'no file found'. When i look in 'annotations' on the reader that also says the same. Faulty...........I think. However, if i connect the reader to the comp and then open the reader device on it I can then open the book on the reader!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost a copy of my last answer to judithjoan ...

One more thing to try:

1. use file manager to copy a DRM book from the computer to the ereader
  2. then try to read the file from the ereader memory in ADE
  3. then unplug and try to read the file on the ereader.

If the file manager copy doesn't work, I'm not sure what to suggest.

If the file manager copy does work, looks like something wrong in the ADE DRM file copy mechanism.

In that case, it may be worth trying with the older more reliable ADE1.7.2

~~~

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically.

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines