Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 9.0 will not install on Windows 8.1

Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to install my copy of Adobe Presenter 9.0 on a laptop running Windows 8.1, 64-bit, with a 32-bit version of MS Office 2010. I have attempted to install the 32-bit version of Presenter 9.0, but consistently receive an error (Exit Code 7) as shown below:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Player for Embedding 3.3 3.3.0.0 {354D20E6-A25F-4728-9DA6-C9003D8F2928} -----------

ERROR: DS010: Invalid library file ARKCmdFS.dll. Cannot get GetCommandObject API address for command InstallAdobeVersionedFile(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: Adobe Player for Embedding x64 3.3 3.3.0.0 {9254D539-549A-41DD-A7DA-251766F2B76F} -----------

ERROR: DS010: Invalid library file ARKCmdFS.dll. Cannot get GetCommandObject API address for command WoW64FSReflection(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: Adobe Presenter Video Creator 9.0 (64 Bit) 9.0.0.0 {CBA6C15E-D6A3-11E2-B4B8-932C3C87F6B0} -----------

ERROR: DS010: Invalid library file ARKCmdFS.dll. Cannot get GetCommandObject API address for command WoW64FSReflection(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: Adobe Presenter 9.0 9.0.0.0 {AABAC03B-D6A3-11E2-B4B8-922E8DCBB854} -----------

ERROR: DS010: Invalid library file ARKCmdFS.dll. Cannot get GetCommandObject API address for command InstallFile(Seq 1)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In between installation attempts, I have uninstalled the failed installation from Control Panel > Programs and Features. This has not helped. I have also re-extracted the 32-bit setup from the download of Presenter 9.0 and tried installing using that "fresh" set of files. Nothing works.

I have also verified that there is no virus or malware present on the system, and that my installation of MS Office 2010 is working properly. The fault appears to be with the Presenter Setup files.

Please assist.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Hi,

When did you download Presenter 9 application? Presenter 9 was released before Windows 8.1 came into market. Hence naturally Presenter did not support Windows 8.1

Adobe Presenter has updated its full release downloadable to provide support for Windows 8.1. This was done few weeks ago.

You may want to download a copy of Presenter 9 once again from adobe.com and see if it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When did you download Presenter 9 application? Presenter 9 was released before Windows 8.1 came into market. Hence naturally Presenter did not support Windows 8.1

Adobe Presenter has updated its full release downloadable to provide support for Windows 8.1. This was done few weeks ago.

You may want to download a copy of Presenter 9 once again from adobe.com and see if it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ll try that. I did download Presenter before Windows 8.1 was released.

Christopher M Haywood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you suggested, I have downloaded the post-Win8.1 release of the Presenter

9.0 setup from Adobe. That did the trick on my Windows 8.1 machine.

Thank you for your assistance!

Christopher M Haywood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

That's great! If you think your query is resolved, kindly mark my above reply as the 'correct answer', so that others can view it quickly.

Thank you,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources