• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any idea when MS will fix IE 11 to work with Flash?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player stopped working after I installed IE 11. First, I downloaded the Flash uninstaller and ran it. Then, the search for leftover files using (Run), followed by deleting IE 11 and downloading/installing IE 10. I disabled the antivirus and repeated the process, each time restarting the PC. Flash does not show in (Start-All Programs) but does show in (control Panel-Programs) however, it is only 6 MB and not the 16.7 MB file download. It stops about halfway thru the download and requests IE to be closed before proceeding. In an open IE browser, the vid window shows either a black screen or nothing.

I can use Chrome to view videos so I don't believe it is hardware relate, so my question is; am I missing something or is it simply a matter of waiting for Microsoft/Adobe to fix this major SNAFU?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt Microstuff knows when they'll have a fix for it. Adobe doesn't run Microstuff, so they can't force a fix.

Frankly, IE s-u-c-k-s, and I don't use it so I don't miss it.

Flash does not show in (Start-All Programs) but does show in (control Panel-Programs) however, it is only 6 MB and not the 16.7 MB file download. It stops about halfway thru the download and requests IE to be closed before proceeding. In an open IE browser, the vid window shows either a black screen or nothing.

Flash Player is a "plugin" for your browser so ti won't show in the programs as it's only a part of another program.

The "plugin" itself is only 6mb, but there are files to run it that are PLENTY more.

See:

1.jpg

and:

2.jpg

As far as closing IE goes, see: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5266110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although there are some known problems with IE11, I have no difficulties using Flash Player with IE11 on W7.  Make sure

• Shockwave Flash Object add-on is enabled
  • ActiveX Filtering is disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines