• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Captivate video demos, training simulation, assessment simulation in to a CP project

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to ask whether it is possible and if yes, how to insert a Captivate demo/training or assessment simulation onto a Captivate slide - (it would be best if I can still update the demo/simulation from within the parent Captivate project). The demo/simulation size is smaller than the parent Captivate project size.  This will give room things like menu buttons, header, footer.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Perhaps this old post could give you some ideas?

http://blog.lilybiri.com/create-and-use-a-knockout-master-slide

It was written for an older version, but the work flow is still valid. You can use the same knockout master slide for the simulation files, then copy them to the main project after finished with resizing.

I have been pleading with the Adobe team since a while to have a way to add such a knockout master slide, to make it easier. It would be great if you ent

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inserting one Captivate SWF inside another is not recommended.  It results in conflicts where the inner SWF adversely affects the outer one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

Thank you. My question was not clear enough. I was thinking about inserting a demo/simulation when it is still in the original Captivate format and not the SWF format as I want to be able to edit everything in one project. But It is good to know it is not recommended to insert SWF file into a Captivate slide.

Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Perhaps this old post could give you some ideas?

http://blog.lilybiri.com/create-and-use-a-knockout-master-slide

It was written for an older version, but the work flow is still valid. You can use the same knockout master slide for the simulation files, then copy them to the main project after finished with resizing.

I have been pleading with the Adobe team since a while to have a way to add such a knockout master slide, to make it easier. It would be great if you entered a feature request.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thank you very much for your help. I read your excellent post. Rescaling twice and all the calculation make sense to me. I agree that it will be more convenient if we can have the knockout master slide feature integrated with Adobe Captivate. I can see this would be a frequently used functionality in corporate eLearning where a lot of time we need to have additional elements than just a demo/simulation.

I will submit a feature request. Thanks again and Hope you have a great New Year 2014.

Htng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, thanks for supporting my request for a knockout master slide. I can imagine that it would be very useful for a lot of developers. My workaround is functional but it remains a workaround and takes up precious time.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I submitted a feature request. Hopefully if enough people raise such request, the Captivate team will consider developing it.

Htng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources