• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing See also... topics

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am just learning to use RoboHelp (RH HTML 10), as I have to update the existing Help for a software made by my company.

The problem is that some of the topics have wrong See also... links.

For example, in the attached picture (https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=0LrVwK4FeH8RwZC3P*Qfkg) the topic in the box should not be linked to my topic.

I created this topic by copying a similar one (Duplicate Topic command) and changing the title and some other words, and probably the See also... was not updated.

Is there any way to edit the See also... topics in an already existing project?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Hi there

Your second screen capture in the last reply provides the answer. Note the code is JavaScript:RelatedTopics.

Related Topics is a different function than See Also. Related Topics is pretty much a one time shot where you insert a Related Topics control into the topic and at that time choose the topics that you want associated with the control. To see changes down the road, you must edit the control and amend the topics or the text.

In this case your control is likely configured to be hidden,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Also topics work in a two step process.

1. A keyword is added to a topic in the "See Also" tab of the Topic's Properties.

2. A See Also link is added to topics to list all topics with the See Also keyword.

Check the properties of the topic that IS linked and remove the See Also keyword. That should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, if I check the properties for that topic, I see no See also words linked to it (the list is empty).

As I mentioned, this project was done by someone else, and in a previous Robohelp version, so I have no ideea how it was set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image looks as if there is something that might be relevant hiding behind it. Please redo the image to show the See Also link as well.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it took so long, I was unable to access the project for a while.

Behind it is the See also... text and also the page in which it is found (these are Help pages having in the upper right corner a See also... link to similar or related topics from the same project).

I did the image again, but there is not much hiding behind it, just the words See also.

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=EjlwMquAjS-Q9nQVUUBQ-Q

If I double click it, this window opens: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=TFq6v8L743hFNhLprQSpCA

If I select one of the topics in the list, only that topic and not other topics is referenced by the See also link.

I was wondering if there is any way to edit a topic's links, but if I understand correctly, they should be created automatically depending on the relevant words on a page. But in the case of this project, I can see no keywords in the topic's properties...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your second screen capture in the last reply provides the answer. Note the code is JavaScript:RelatedTopics.

Related Topics is a different function than See Also. Related Topics is pretty much a one time shot where you insert a Related Topics control into the topic and at that time choose the topics that you want associated with the control. To see changes down the road, you must edit the control and amend the topics or the text.

In this case your control is likely configured to be hidden, as you are "clicking" it via JavaScript.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have read the user manual for Robohelp and I couldn't see the connection between the See also references in the guide and my link

As I said, I never used Robohelp before, nor am I very experienced with the related terminology, so I didn't realize that it was actually a Related Topics link.

So, what I should do is delete it, insert a new link and select the pages to which I want it to be linked?

Thanks again.

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, create a new link.

For what it is worth, I prefer to have a heading something like For More Information and just hyperlinks below that. The user can then readily see the targets without the additional step of clicking the button.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since workspaces.acrobat.com is retiring soon, placing the (above) refered files here itself:

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=EjlwMquAjS-Q9nQVUUBQ-Q

Capture2.gif

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=TFq6v8L743hFNhLprQSpCA

Capture3.gif

~Amit Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since workspaces.acrobat.com is retiring soon, placing the (above) refered file here itself:

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=0LrVwK4FeH8RwZC3P*Qfkg

Capture1.gif

~Amit Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp