Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp right pane not displaying in IE10 for Windows 7

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Robohelp 9 - HTML, and generating Webhelp using IE10 on Windows 7. When I generate the help, the default topic displays. However, if I click any page within a book, the right-pane displays blank. But, if I make the browser window smaller, the content displays in the right-pane. After which, maximizing the browser, the content continues to display in the right-pane, as expected. Any thoughts on why the right-pane content doesn't display initially?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have to add –“” to your index page to force IE10 to behave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Does a single quotes need to be added someplace in the AppHelp.hhk file?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aargh! Stupid e-mail reply stripped off the text - see this thread for details: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5765240#5765240#5765240 on the hack you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Announcements on the forum?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE10 seems to be opening the right pane without making the suggested change.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it has fixed itself?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it wasn't fixed. I checked the announcements as you suggested, and found that this is an Adobe known issue. The Adobe patch with the two updated files didn't seem to fix the problem. And, we prefer not to install the patch that is not sanctioned by Adobe. Since we're currently running on Robohelp 9, we're looking into getting 10, which apparently, installing Robohelp10 should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by your post number 5. You said that IE10 was opening the right pane, which I read as opening with the content.

The RoboHelp 9 fix was written by a highly respected user who I believe applied the same code.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens in the right pane if you mim the window and re-open, which of course is not a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case it is a choice of using Willam's fix or upgrading. I believe Willam has a number of people using that fix and has not encountered any issues.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated, we're planning to upgrade. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Fix' is a large word. I just copied two lines of code from RH10 to RH9

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp