• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Sound When Uploaded to You Tube

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded a video to You Tube (which I have doen numerous times before) only this time there was no audio.  I was able to create an AVI file just fine.  It's just when I uploaded it that there was a problem.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

First question: when setting up the Export, what was Multiplexing set to?

To get a single file, with both the Audio & Video Streams, you want Multiplexing set to anything but "None."

Does your Exported file play with Audio, on your computer, via a media player? In the destination folder, do you end up with at least two files, the AVI and perhaps a WAV file, both with the same file name (only the extension will differ)?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t figure out how to set up the export. The export option is grayed out under the File tab. Nor can I find any place where I can set Multiplexing. The exported file does play with Audio on my computer and there is only one file in the destination folder.

I am working with Premier Elements 11. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upload again, YT sometimes gets it wrong.

Why avi, try mp4.

This thread needs to be moved to the Elements forum!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried four times already.  The first two times were after I had imported AVCHD files from my camcorder to the timeline and finished my editing.  Since that did not work, I then saved the project as an AVI file and then imported the AVI file into the timeline and tried uploading again, twice.  Same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's look at that AVI output. When you play that file, in say Windows Media Player, do you have Audio?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of PrE 7, nearly all functions that were under the File>Export Toolbar menu, are in the Share, or Publish+Share Tab.

Exactly how did you get your Timeline into the file - the one that has no Audio on YouTube?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected Publish/Share then Online then YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikejones0101

I just came across your thread and have been trying to follow it so that I might make a contribution to it.

I am not following the replies that you are getting and would ask for your clarifiation.

1. You present here with "no audio" for your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline uploaded to YouTube via Publish+Share/Online/YouTube.

2. You repeatably have written that you can export that same Timeline to an .avi file and have no problems playing that file saved to the hard drive via computer players. Yet Hunt continues to question all aspects of this .avi file which appears to have no problems.

3. Have you ever taken this .avi file that keeps being mentioned and uploading it to YouTube at the YouTube web site? If you have, does that upload have sound?

4. From what I have read so far, you have not said that you have an .avi or .mp4 file as your source media to make up your Timeline content. All you have said is that you have exported your Timeline to an .avi file saved to the hard drive. So, then let us ask, what exactly is your Timeline composed of, the one the is going to an .avi file (with sound) as well as to an upload to YouTube from within the program (no sound at YouTube)?

5. Can you open a new Premiere Elements 11 project with different source media and upload that (video and audio) to YouTube from Online/YouTube where there is video and audio?

Please review and clarify the information.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

Glad that you have found this thread.

2. You repeatably have written that you can export that same Timeline to an .avi file and have no problems playing that file saved to the hard drive via computer players. Yet Hunt continues to question all aspects of this .avi file which appears to have no problems.

The simple reason for questioning that AVI was to determine if the Audio WAS getting output from the Timeline. From the reply, it is - question answered, and via one simple question. That one question accomplished quite a bit.

That indicates that the loss of Audio is coming from the output to YouTube, and either with an issue in the YouTube settings, or similar.

Before we got the information on the other output options, there was no mention of whether Audio was being output. If not, that could point up an issue with a lack of Multiplexing, or an issue with Audio IN the Timeline. Now we know that the Timeline's Audio CAN produce Audio in an output file.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt

Maybe it was just the timing on the Q&A, but I was getting mixed signals on what I was reading before I posted to inquire what was happening.

Are you next aiming to see if that same .avi file can be uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site and still retain its sound played back from there?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

Are you next aiming to see if that same .avi file can be uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site and still retain its sound played back from there?

No. I only wanted to verify that by "fine," that did mean that the AVI contained the Audio Stream, which DID play perfectly - nothing more, and I got the answer that I had assumed was correct. However, assumptions can be troubling little things, hence my request for specific clarification.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I’ve been working on this and embarrassed to say I finally figured out my problem. The volume on my YouTube site was turned off. It really did upload properly. Sorry to waste your time with my ignorance. I wasn’t aware there was a separate volume control on the YouTube website. I’m obviously still new at this. This was my first time on a forum and I appreciate you willingness to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikejones0101

Thanks for the follow up. You did a fine job of troubleshooting to resolve your issue.

No time wasted. We all learn in these questions and answers. I too was unaware that there was a separate volume control on the YouTube website.

The key thought is that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

Please never hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written here. Glad for the opportunity to try to help.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kindness, understanding and encouragement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not worry. I just learned something about YouTube also. While I have some tutorials, and examples posted there, I mainly just "watch and listen."

Happy editing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines