• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 - Video Demo Function

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am a brand new user to captivate and i am wanting to make use of the video demo option to record a training session on Microsoft Office Applications.  This requires me to record both the screens that i am using and my voice (using a headset).  I am currently fumbling around with this because i cannot seem to find any help material or tutorials on how to use it  - is there anything available?  Also, just one really simple question, how do i pause the demo and then re-start it?  I can currently only end the project using the End key.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe Forums!

For detailed information on recording in Captivate you can launch the online help of Captivate : http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/topics.html# then check the recording section.

If you are recording in Video Demo, then you cannot Pause the recording, Puase works in case of recording software simulation.

We can only record one screen at a time in Captivate, voice can be recorded during recording the screen.

To edit the recording Preferences, please go to Edit > Preferences > Recording.

However, after ending the video demo recording you can record additional slides (insert > video recording), after recording all the slides, you can edit the slides (Split, Pan and zoom, and Trim).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Varun, as I have been trying for an hour for a way to pause a video demo.  I must say, for all of the amazing (and sometimes extraneous) features of Captivate, it is very disappointing that I can't pause a video demo while I am recording.

Is there a place for feature requests?

Thanks,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 8 still misses this feature... I am new to Captivate too, so I can-t tell the reasons or limitations, but indeed to be able to pause a video recording, as with software simulation would be more than handy! It-s confusing and a bit disappointing yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BDuckWorks  There is no shortcut key to pause a Video Demo recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected, the help mentions Pause as a keyboard shortcut, but fails to mention that it isn't available for recording a video demo!

Thanks Lilybiri‌ for keeping the facts straight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible to capture a video demo in multiple clips, but not using a shortcut key. You have to stop the video demo (End). Keep the application you are recording in that state. In the Video Demo editor you get the playhead to the end of that first clip, and then you can continue recording. It will be a new clip just after the first, you can use clip transitions to 'knit' them together, and/or inserting static objects between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources