• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 not generating

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if any of the experts here know what might be going on.

My RoboHelp 9 is no longer generating any projects.  Fortunately, I can move them to the laptop and generate there, but I'm trying to figure out what's wrong and correct it.

The message is:

Template Active Script Error:  Failure to initialize script.

Template Error:  Cannot resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error:  Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.

This happened after I installed a new firewall and virus protection (Comodo).  That's the obvious answer, except that it works fine on the laptop, which has exactly the same installation.

The other factor is that the desktop has Office 2013 installed on it, which is overriding the installation of Office 2010, and getting in the way of importing Word documents, etc.  I'll re-install Office 2010 so it will be the default.  However, I could generate files after the 2013 installation, so that shouldn't be the cause of the generating problem.

Does anyone know anything that would  help?  I haven't contacted Adobe yet - I'm sure they'll just say it's the firewall and my problem to deal with.

Thanks for any help,

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the virus stuff & try again – if it works this time, then you know you need to play with the anti-virus settings; if it doesn’t then it’s got to be something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you say it is the same installation of Comodo, maybe one instance is blocking Rh. Try Jeff's suggestion but disconnet from the internet first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks both.  Tried both suggestions, and it still crashed.  Next step is probably to reinstall Office 2010 and see if that somehow factors in.

TG for the laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks both.  Tried both suggestions, and it still crashed.  Next step is probably to reinstall Office 2010 and see if that somehow factors in.

TG for the laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp