• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What file contains mappings for Coldfusion 9? (CF Administrator not working)

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling a failed CF10 installation, we reverted to CF9 which is working fine except for the CF Administrator.  My first guess is mappings.  But of course I can't check the mapping because CF Administrator is not working.

Where do I find the mappings so I can check, and perhaps modify them?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

You did not mention the Web Server that you are using? If you are on Windows Server 2003 and WebServer is IIS6 then make a right click on Server name or Site name in the left panel of IIS, click on Properties > Home Directory > Configuration and you will find the *.cfc, *.cfm, *.cfml etc for CodlFusion along with the path of the ColdFusion's version connector.

If you are on IIS 7/7.5, then make a right click on Server name/Site name in the left panel of IIS and on the right panel (in the Feature settings) click on Handler mappings. Just double click on any CodlFusion handler like , *.cfm and you will get the executable like C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll (if it is a CF 10 connector)

Is it only CF administrator that you are not able to login? What happens if you try to open any .cfm?

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and IIS 7.5

We checked the handler mappings and they all appeared to be there and matched our dev server, which did work.

Index.cfm pages worked, so long as they were explicitly in the url, so acme.com/aboutacme/index.cfm worked fine, but acme.com/aboutacme/ wouldn't.

Now that we went back to CF9, as far as we can tell it all works as before, we just get a '500 - internal server error' when trying to access administrator.

That's why I'm wondering if it's mappings got messed up in the upgrade/uninstall process.  But I can't check without administrator, or at least I don't know where to look to check without administrator.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add index.cfm in the default document at the top in IIS. Then you will be able to access acme.com/aboutacme/ from ColdFusion 10.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, it's there.  : )  That's why the issue has been so baffling.

We have a call in to help with another install attempt tomorrow.  I'll follow up afterwards with the results....

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation