• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One user cannot view Search or Index results

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are publishing in RoboHelp 9. The output is fine. Everyone else can view the output file.

But one person is having issues. He can view the Contents button just fine. If he clicks on Search and enters a search term, nothing comes up. Index is even worse. Not only does nothing come up when he enters a term, but the Index keywords does not automatically display for him when he clicks on the button. These behaviors are inconsistent with everyone else here.

My first thought was that maybe there is a permission issue, but he can access the help file. He can view the TOC. There is something preventing him from seeing the Index and Search results. Any ideas what could cause this?

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are they using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. I forgot to include that.

We use IE 8. I didn't see him using anything different, but I'll double-check with him. I don't believe he has any add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed that he is using IE 8. And he disabled any add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has he enabled active content & JavaScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes he has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If he tries another browser, does it work for him?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, due to our setup, there is not another browser he can test this on. I wish I could answer that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out I'm a liar. He tried downloading Firefox and succeeded. He can view it in Firefox just fine. So that narrows things down a bit.

I think I may just escalate this to IT and suggest reinstalling IE. He's the only person who is having this problem in our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely pins it down to something specific about his install of IE8 then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think you're right. Advising the employee to take this up with IT.

I'll leave this open for another day or so just in case someone has seen something similar and can share it with us. Otherwise, I'll close it.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp