• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ordered and Unordered Lists viewed in WYSIWYG Editor in RoboHelp 10

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded a project from RH 9 (9.0.2.271) to RH 10 (10.0.0.287). Ordered and unordered lists display in the WYSIWYG Editor with more spacing around each line. When I generate the output to HTML Help, the spacing looks fine. I also tested generating output to WebHelp, and again, the output looks fine.

I have paragraph and list styles defined in my style sheet that I apply to the text in the topic. I also looked at the styles in RH 10 and Media is set to "None."

Using the Style Pod, I looked at the set up of the parapgraph and list styles. For those styles, (and my body text styles - which look fine in the WYSIWYG Editor) have spacing before and after spacing set. (NOTE: These styles were created in RH8 and the WYSIWYG Editor displayed the styles appropriately in RH8 and RH9.) Even though I changed the style sheet, the WYSIWYG Editor is still displaying more space around the styles then I am expecting.

I know this is not a huge issue since the output looks fine, but I want to understand why the WYSIWYG Editor isn't working as I expect. I would like the editor to display with correct spacing.

I attached a few screen captures showing what I see.

RH9 WYSIWYG before upgrade.gif

RH10 WYSIWYG without updated CSS.gif

RH10 WYSIWYG with updated CSS.gif

HTML Help Output

HTML Output.gif

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you recreate this in a new project that you can send me.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter-

Thank you for your offer to help. I recreated this issue in a new project. I created a new project in RoboHelp 9 and upgraded the project to RoboHelp 10. I followed your instructions and sent the source RoboHelp 10 files.

Regards,

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the link to download the project and will do that later today while it is available. I will look as soon as I can.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect part of the issue is that your list styles have spacing above and below and then you have applied paragraph styles that also have spacing above and below.

Using both is OK and is how I work. However, I do not have any spacing above and below in my list styles. I rely on the paragraph style for that. It looks like Rh's Design Editor is applying both but browsers are not.

It is still not quite the same in a browser as in Design Editor but it is much closer. There will also be browser differences anyway so it's a case of getting some balance.

Try removing the before and after spacing in the list style. Alternatively, if you do not generate printed documentation then rely on the list style only. (Select the lists in a topic and set paragraph to None).

Let us know if that is close enough.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like your suggestion for only changing the spacing for the list styles and to leave the paragraph styles alone.

I made the adjustments to my list styles, and you are correct, the styles are not displaying exactly the same. However, I think it is something we can live with.

Again, thanks so much for your help and willingness to step in!

Regards,

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp