• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 9.0.1 cumulative hot fix question...

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have CHF2 on our 9.0.1 server plus alll post CHF2 security updates. Just the other day I noticed that a cumulative HF 3 and 4 were released and I must have missed these in early 2013 when they were released. My question is is a CHF2 server with all security updates equivalent to CHF with all security updates? Or did CHF3 and CHF4 get some non security related hotfixes and other enhancements? 

I'm asking all of this as I'd like to get to the latest JDK 1.7.

And if I should update to CHF4 can I just apply that directly? Or are there possibly a few files in CFIDE and WEBINF or jars that were the non security related hotfixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the safest thing to do would be to take some backups of your ColdFusion9 and CFIDE folder structure. Then apply CHF4 for 9.0.1 plus post CHF security updates APSB13-19 and APSB13-27 (section 2 for 9.0.1). Your ColdFusion9\lib\updates folder will have these JAR files present once you have completed that process - chf9010004 and hf901-00011.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought someone would suggest that.

I'm guessing Adobe will release CHF5 shortly after I decide to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello samd,

The CHF4 included Security bulletins APSB11-29, APSB12-06, APSB12-15, APSB12-21, APSB12-26, and APSB13-03 and some bug fixes.

samd wrote:

Or did CHF3 and CHF4 get some non security related hotfixes and other enhancements?

You can apply CHF4 directly on the server. Also, as Carl suggested, please take a backup/snapshot of the ColdFusion files/folders including CFIDE.

samd wrote:

IAnd if I should update to CHF4 can I just apply that directly? Or are there possibly a few files in CFIDE and WEBINF or jars that were the non security related hotfixes?

I'm guessing Adobe will release CHF5 shortly after I decide to do this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation