• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone having trouble installing Flash Player with latest Firefox?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Flash Player to work on Firefox (Windows 8.1).  Works just fine in IE but when I try to add it as an add-on for Firefox it goes to manual install and then fails, with message that it is already running in another application.  I disabled it in IE in case that was the problem, but using the Check function shows it isn't on my computer.  I've tried the things on the Help page but my Firefox (most current version) menu doesn't have any of the options shown such as enable Java.  I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing Firefox.  I already have Shockwave for Director as an add-on, but even before I put that in it happened. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Download the installer from Mike's link and save it to disk.

Restart Windows.

Run the downloaded installer before doing anything else.

If you still get an error, please quote the exact message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ActiveX plugin for IE functions independently of the Firefox plugin.

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Download (Save - DON'T run) that and reboot.

Run it from your Downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work - I still get the same message that another application is running an existing version, but I can't find it on my list of programs and I have both IE and Firefox closed.  How can I tell what application could be using it that I can't detect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Windows 8.1 it's almost impossible to tell. I hate that freaking garbage. I have a laptop that just sits collecting dust becuse I refuse to use it with Windows 8 on it. I'm really sorry I ever bought it, and as soon as I can afford a new MacBook, I'm tossing it off an overpass into freeway traffic just to watch it get run over by 18 wheelers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying - I kinda feel the same way right now.  I thought installing Classic Shell would take care of most of the mess but apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the installer from Mike's link and save it to disk.

Restart Windows.

Run the downloaded installer before doing anything else.

If you still get an error, please quote the exact message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT WORKED!  Thanks Mike and Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines