Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem publishing WebHelp using http

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm feeling dumb here.

I've always published using ftp, but a security audit has temporarily blocked our ftp port, so I'm trying http.  And I keep getting a Connection Failed error.

There doesn't seem to be any place for the user name and password in the publishing wizard.  Am I missing something obvious?  And the Help files give me nothing, as usual.

I tried www.grainge.org, but didn't see anything there.  (Thanks for this, Peter.)

Thanks for any help.

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that they’ve plugged that hole too – time to go back to your IT group or copy the whole mess of files to a USB key and FTP it all up from home ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I work from home, and our IT guy is already on it. I've

tried two computers, and it's not working from either of them. Thanks for

the prompt response, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the information above the Host Name field when you select HTTP. I suspect it is a permissions issue.

As Jeff says, you need to go to your IT people explaining they have created this scenario so they can sort it out.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.  He's downloading RoboHelp to see if he can figure it out.  He didn't really create it - a client insisted on a security audit, and the people doing that appear to have blocked the ftp.  We have a ticket in to fix it, but who knows how long it will take this week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp