• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors in Digital Application

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On opening the application I am showing 98 items.

The title of all the books are shown

In nearly all the books the Author is shown as unknown, the Publisher is unknown, however the dates the ebooks were purchased are correct.

the status however shows 26 new, 4 errors, 64 missing and 4 with nothing displayed but which are correct.

On selecting one of the 'missing' books I am asked to authorise it but on entering the details  a message appears 'The vendor account you entered is not assocaited with the item you are trying to open;.  The status then turns to 'error'.

My PC is authorised.

Help!!

David A Jones

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy of ADE must be authorized with the same account that was in use at the time the book was first accessed.

Once accessed, a book is locked to use on a system authorized with that Adobe account/ID.

Two possibilities.

1. The book was bought on a different account, so cannot be read on the account you currently have ADE authorized with.
    That seems most likely if there are some DRM books you can read, but some you can't.
    Don't get confused by DRM-free books; you will always be able to read them.

2. The authorization has got confused, so it is showing authorized but isn't correctly authorized.
    If you have any DRM books that can open that is probably not the case; it must be authorized to the account those books are locked to.
    If you can't read any DRM books, that is likely the problem.
    If you think this may be the problem, deauthorize and reauthorize ADE. (see below)

~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your very quick response.

1.     I believe most of the ebooks were purchased from a different account (which was an original email address)  however under 'Help' and 'Authorise Computer' both the old account and my new email address (account) are shown.  Non of the ebooks are free.

2.     There are only 2 books displayed which I purchased in November this year which are 'active'.  Non of the remaining ebooks can be viewed within ADE.

3.     I did as suggested and de-aurtherised my computer and the reauthorised it. 

However I still have the same problem!

I dont know if there's anything else wrong with my ADE account as I have purchased a number of ebooks during November and December via the Sony site (I have a Sony eReader - PRS-T1) but non of these are shown in ADE.

Still open to any advice/suggestions.

David A Jones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Help' and 'Authorise Computer' both the old account and my new email address (account)

Have you had two different accounts, or did you change the email address associated with your one and only account?

When ADE2 shows your registration information it shows something like:

emailuser@gmail.com | AdobeID (urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-123456789abc)

The internal ID is created when the account is set up and is permamently associated with the account.

Books are associate with the account using that internal ID.

Once accessed on a given account, the book can never be read on another account.

However, it is possible to change the email address associated with an account

(log in at the Abobe website and go to your account information).

If a book is not associated with the account/ID that ADE shows, you won't be able to open the book.

You can unregister ADE and register with the correct account (if you still have details);

but then you won't be able to read books associated with the other account.

If you do a bit more digging and clarify exactly where you are at, then I can probably suggest a next step.

~~~

You can check the internal ID associated with a book by the following irritating route ...

• open a sample DRM .epub file as a .zip file.
    With some zip programs, you can just open the .epub as an archive (ev, with 7zip),
    with others you will have to rename the .epub file to a .zip file first, then open it.
  • find the file 'rights.xml' within the zip.  Probably  'META-INF\rights.xml'
  • open the rights.xml file
  • inside you will find a section '<user>' that looks something like
    <user>urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-xxxxxxxxxxxx</user>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

I looked at my ADE registration information and it list both my original email address and my new one.  A tick is shown against my current email address and is identified as the default.  I did change the default to see if it made any difference but it didnt. I then changed the default back again to my current email address.

I did look at the books in my Reader folder on my PC and found that in a number of instances that if I right clicked my mouse against a 'book' I was able to open with ADE.  As I said most of them worked but some didnt.

I am going to give your final suggestion a go to see if I can convert the remaining books but at least I now have the majority of books available to me.

I appreciate your help.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines