• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will NIK plugin software work with PS in Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will NIK plugin software work with PS in Creative Cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

I imagine so, as the plug-in interface of Photoshop is still as it was, but don't we really have to ask the Nik people that question to be sure? 

It's up to them to make their plug-ins compatible with the latest version of Photoshop.

If they say they're compatible with Photoshop 13.1.2 then your question is answered "yes".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Berniedog12,

Most likely, the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop CS6 is the same except additional features

http://www.niksoftware.com/support/usa/entry.php?view=system_requirements_compatibility

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine so, as the plug-in interface of Photoshop is still as it was, but don't we really have to ask the Nik people that question to be sure? 

It's up to them to make their plug-ins compatible with the latest version of Photoshop.

If they say they're compatible with Photoshop 13.1.2 then your question is answered "yes".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, at this time the answer is no, they won't work with Creative Cloud. If you start the installation file for any of the Nik plugins, Creative Cloud isn't recognized as a compatible software. Even copying and pasting the plugins from CS6 directory doesn't work, as CC scans the plug in directory and doesn't recognize the plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's numorous threads concerning NIK plugins and PS CC; I've posted to several.

Copying my Google (NIK) folder from the PS CS6 plugin directory to the PS CC plugin directory works. I have full use of NIK plugins in PS CC.

One may also use the Google installer, and select the "plus" sign at the bottom to manually add the PS CC plugin directory to the install location.

If my copy of PS CC works with NIK, then it stands to reason if your copy isn't working, you've done something wrong. There's no incompatability with NIK plugins and PS CC.

Insure your shortcut to PS CC points to the correct version (and the version where you've loaded the NIK plugins) e.g., if you've loaded the plugin folder to the 64 bit version, make sure that's the program shortcut you're selecting.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, turns out I had to re-download the file I was given link to. Have no idea why the full installer didn't work the first time, but it did the 2nd time.

But still, too many other plugins also don't work, and even though I don't rely on them for all photo processing, they are part of my workflow.  And without them working, or more like only 1/4 of them working, CC isn't an option for me.  I'll stay with CS6E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine worked on the second time of install......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The approach of using the plus sign in the Nik installer worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NIK software worked fine from the first moment i used PS CC. Now after a couple of months PS CC doesn´t start anymore at all. It crashes with the message "Photoshop CC can not be initialised due to a programe failure". The message is not helpful at all. So i did contact tech support. Advice from tech support: "We do not support any plugin officially" De-Install NIK otherwise we can not help you at all ". Thanks to tech support. Like always the customer is being pushed around betwee both SW Vendors. I wil go back to CS5 and NIK and quit my contract with PS CC asap. Saves money and i can work. No i pay money for something useless if it doesn´t support any plugin. I can understand Adobe...as it is the best way to make money if i buy everything from them. But there are programs in the market which can do specific things better. So i can not understand the ignorance of these tools. We as a professional designer, photographer want to achieve the best result and want to be free in the usage of the tools we use to achieve this. The current strategy of Adobe with plugins is not good for the user / customer. Somebody should re-think about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you have that out of your system, Seemak, would you like to try to get to the bottom of what's going wrong?

Assuming you have Windows, look in your Application Event Log and dig out the additional information there.  Perhaps something there will give us an idea of what's failing.

If you're on a Mac, I'm sure there are Mac experts who might be willing to help you.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following Graham's advice worked perfectly for me.  It was easy and straightforward.  I had tried to instal the NIK suite directly into Photoshop CC by hitting the + key and selectly the Plug in Folder of Photoshop CC using the NIK installation program.  This did not work, but copying the NIK Suite from the Plug-in folder in Photoshop CS6 and pasting it in the Plug-in Folder of Photoshop CC was easy and IT WORKS, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me as well. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying from a previous install on CS6 worked for me as well. Thanks Guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines