Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't log into sony e reader app on my android phone

Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new phone because the screen on my last one cracked, same model and everything. I didnt have this issue with my last one, but on this one when I downloaded the sony e reader app and tried to log into it, it asked me to log into my Adobe ID account because it uses Adobe DRM technology for content rights protection. It keeps telling me my username or password is incorrect. I reset my password and am able to log in on chrome but still no luck with the sony e reader app. Am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Sony ereader app running on the phone?

Try the Bluefire app instead, or maybe Aldiko.

Some apps have issues with registration, Bluefire generally seems pretty reliable.

Also, some apps or the Adobe DRM server have issues where there are special characters in the password;

if necessary change to a simpler password (yes; against all the rules of good passwords, but that's the Adobe DRM infrastructure for you)

When you say and am able to log in on chrome do you mean you are able to log on to the Adobe website on Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that. Yes the app was running fine, I was able to search and buy more books through the e reader app I just couldn't access my library.

I meant and am able to log in on chrome as I was able to log into the Adobe website using Chrome.

I tried the making my password simpler thing and it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines