• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with multiple ADE accounts

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a bit of a problem and was hoping someone more wise in the ways of Adobe could help me out, as my searching has failed so far. Back when I first got into ereading, I discovered Sony and set myself an account with them under my college email. Then I was given my Kobo Vox, which I setup under my personal email, and have mostly used since. I am going to be losing the college email, and my old prs-350 sony is dying. Back then I didn't realize that doing it that way created two different Adobe ID's. I was wondering if there was some way to merge the accounts under my personal email,and keep both sets of books. I know if I sign in to the ADE website, I can change my email address, will that make it so all the books from both stores will have the same Adobe ID? Or can I call Adobe customer service and have them do it? Has anyone managed that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it can't be done. 

You could try customer service and I'm interested to hear how you get on, but I don't hold out much hope.

The only way I know round this is to use a DRM stripper such as epubee on a Windows computer authorized with the old ID.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because of the ineptness of Adobe's ADEPT DRM infrastructure and its implementation,

such a measure is totally justifiable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that I was wrong: it is possible to merge accounts (as long as you have id and password for both)

from: http://www.datalogics.com/pdf/doc/acs/JointAccountGuide.pdf

How do I find out which accounts are joined together?

You can go to this page:  https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/en/JoinAccountLoginForm.jsp to see

which accounts are joined together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines