• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I save flash videos to hard drive?

Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11.  I recently downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.9.900.170).  Previous versions allowed me to save flash videos through the appearance of a window at the top right corner of the video in Internet Explorer when I hovered the mouse over the video as it played.  No such window appears in the latest version.  I can't locate the video in the downloads folder.  Why did the window disappear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player has never had a downloader. Never.

You probably had a plugin that did this and it needs to be updated to work with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update Flash Player to work with the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using 11.9.900.170. Your Flash Player IS up to date.

Whatever plugin you had for downloading needs to be updated. I use AntVideo Downloader, and the latest Firefox version broke it completely. I had to download the British version from a European server to get one that works.

You need to find out what plugin allowed the downloads (it ISN'T Flash Player) and check for an update to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the plugin that allowed downloads in the previous version.  Any hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For IE? I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I don't use it, except for troubleshooting. And I know better than to install plugins for it outside of Office, Acrobat and Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RealPlayer used to have the ability to download online videos.  But I guess due to copyright issues, this feature was discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines