Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Map IDs using HTM File Name

Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create Map IDs using the File name of the HTM, instead of its Topic Title?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MapID part of a CSH call can be anything text you want. It links to a map number to link to the HTM file. Is that what you are asking? If not, please explain a little more of what you are trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Generating Map IDs, we get an ID along with a Map # for each HTM in the CSH.

For Example, I have a HTM in my CSH with the following Details:

Topic Title - Access Masks

File Name - admpr00001.htm

Now when I create a Map ID for this page. I can customise the Map ID by setting any/all of the three options: - 'Prefix Map IDs with', 'Make Uppercase' and 'Start Numbering with'. But the Map ID is generated only based on the Topic Title.

Like - ebACCESS_MASKS 1000   where, eb is the set prefix.

Is it possible for me to create a MAP ID using the File Name. In this case, as ebadmpr00001 1000?

Hope I am clear .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is. Just set the prefix to eb and create the mapid the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboColum(n),

I think misk0105 wants to auto-generate IDs for all topics at once using the file name, by highlighting all topics and clicking Auto-map. Of course one could type in the ID manually.

The way the Auto-map works in my instance (RH10) is to assign the topic name. The help says "By default, the application assigns the topic title or filename as the topic ID and assigns a map number," but where can you change it to use the filename?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp