• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs only going two levels

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a couple of issues with Breadcrumbs in my project. This is a Framemaker book imported over into Robohelp. I used the original Framemaker TOC and the Robohelp topics are based on the original book chapters.

When I generate WebHelp, I can generate Breadcrumbs at the top of topics. However, I run into a couple of issues.

1) The Breadcrumb trail only goes from Home to one topic at a time. If I navigate from one topic to another (and not from Home to a topic), the Breadcrumb will still only show Home > Topic at the top of the page. It will not show both topics. In other words, I can't use the Breadcrumb links to get back to the topic I came from.

2) I have a couple of topics where the Breadcrumbs do not show up at all at the top of the page. I suspect it is because these topics are too long and have multiple third-level topics within them. I have tried putting Breadcrumbs in a master page, but have the same problem. Is there any way to get the Breadcrumbs to work on topics that are long with multiple sub-headings?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK breadcrumbs don’t act as a path you took – they just echo the structure of the ToC; if your ToC only has 2 levels then so will your breadcrumbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp