Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a version of Adobe Digital Editions for Linux

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully installed adobe digital editions on Linux but when I try to download from library I get the message " there is no application for Adobe Content Server message" files.  How can I fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach a screenshot of the error message, http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209263#4209263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I dont know how to do that on Linux I have written in my last post what it said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no reports of anyone else ever getting that message.  make sure it's an exact quote.  even typos decrease your chances of getting help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is a requirement of Overdrive which our library uses for the distribution of eBooks.  I will contact the library technical support to see if they can give me a work around.  Thanks for your help. I may be back to you if this doesn't work out. Your earlier link led me to Wine and a special site to download Adobe Digital Editions. It installed fine but doesn't have the content server support. The library copy of ADE would not install on the Wine Crossover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may well find the older version of ADE works better on Wine, but no promises.

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines