• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 will not run

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to run.  I used it to download e-books, but now I am told that it is an incompatable program.  What do I need to do.  I have tried to restart it.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and I installed an older version and tried up upgrade it.  I'm totallly frustrated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach a screenshot of the error message, http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209263#4209263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have photoshop so I can’t do a screen shot. What it says it Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the problem and notify you if a solution is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check the link on how to created a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did but it says to use photoshop and I don’t have it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can paste that image into any graphics program (like ms paint).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:06 PM

To: weberdns

Subject: Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 will not run

Re: Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 will not run

created by kglad <http://forums.adobe.com/people/kglad> in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5963858#5963858

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent in a screen shot but not sure if it posted…….I inserted it into the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check that link for info on attaching a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. reset your preferences:  hold down shift-ctrl-alt while starting ade.  if done correctly you'll see a confirmation dialog.

2. if you successfully reset your preferences and that fails to solve the problem, uninstall ade, restart your computer and then install ade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this works. I’m totally frustrated. Even updated to Windows 8.1 and tried and it doesn’t work any better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are certain ade installed correctly and its preferences were reset, start shutting down running processes to see if you can find something (antivirus etc) that's causing a conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hit the shift-ctrl-alt keys while starting ADE I get sent to a properties window. I hit make compatable with Windows 8, I do not get a confirmation dialog. It still doesn’t work…..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a long shot, do you have bitdefender av?

if not, contact adobe support to see if they can be more helpful than me, http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=flash&topic=using-my-product-or-service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I had it but uninstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try leaving ADE2.0 installed, then installing 1.7.2 and using that.

You might need to deregister (ctrl-shift-D) and reregister,

as ADE often gets confused registration over installs/reinstalls and thinks it is is registered when it isn't really.

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! I was also able to download 2.0 on a desktop that I use for backup storage of my pictures, documents, and music. Thanks for all your suggestions and your help!

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines