Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting content from ADE

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having trouble deleting a ACSM file from my iMac.

I have downloaded a book,  however the ACSM file remains live and whever I download a new book this older ACSM file is shown as live and of course

I end up downloading the item again, so a loop develops.  I delete from ADE the duplicated book entry and the ACSM file becomes active again and so we go on!

'When I delete the book from ADE I receive a warning message to say that the original file is not removed from the operating system'.

How does one delete a book from the ADE library and at the same time kill the original ACSM file.  Oddly this is only happening with one book!

OSX Mavericks is my operating system on an iMac. 

Books are from Kobo and my device is a Kobo Arc though this has nothing to do with the issue.

I look forward to receiving a solution.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original .acms file is probably in your browser download directory.

I don't know where that is likely to be on a Mac ~ the browser probably has a 'view download directory' or similar option.

You may also need to clear the browser's cache, it could keep re-accessing the download page that points at the old .acsm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks, your answer gave me enough of a 'steer' to clear this offending acsm file.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines