• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download. Error getting license.

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset my computer and since then, I have lost all my books in my library. I want to redownload the books in my Adobe digital app.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends what is going wrong:

1) You have lost the books, and don't have any copy.

Adobe does not keep a cloud copy of all the books associated with your ID.

It is your responsibility to keep a backup.

You may be able to download them again if you contact the book vendors.

2) You have got the books but they won't open on ADE (Digital Editions).

In this case, make sure your new download of ADE is registered with the same Adobe ID you used before when you first accessed the  books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to re-download the book from my vendor website (kobo). I download it and save the file on my computer. Then I tried to drag the file in ADE and I got this error message. Where should I registered the book? I don't see that?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I tried to drag the file in ADE and I got this error message.  Sorry, which error message?  I have got confused in the thread.

The book was automatically registered to the Adobe ID that you used the first time you accessed the book.

That cannot be changed.

You need to make sure your new download of ADE is registered with the same Adobe ID you used before when you first accessed the  books

(using menu/Help/Authorize Computer)

It may be that ADE has got confused registration in which case deregister first (ctrl-shift-D, cmd-shift-D on Mac), then reregister.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines