• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable cuda on macbook pro (late 2013)

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I enable cuda on the macbook?

On the Nvidia website it says to first install the Nvidia driver which you can't find for the new Macbook (Geforce GT 750M, there is only a linux driver)

I've got a also a MBPr from mid 2012 that just works fine. Didn't install anything.

Now when I copy my project the new MBPr it gives the messages that the cuda is not enabled.

I tried Premiere Pro CC but that messes up the timelines and renderings.

So I installed Premiere CS6 as well.

Does that has to do with the cuda driver not being enabled?

Thx in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not correct

because the 750m nvidia

on mbp 2013 late

is not inside cuda driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the "cuda_supported_cards.txt"and the "opencl_supported_cards.txt"  in the content folder of the premiere pro program and now it works (or you can add the GT750 in that txt file, works too). Cuda is not greyed out anymore. Bizarre that you have to do it this way to get it working.

All my projects made on MBPr 2012 are also played in realtime on the MBPr 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok , but Cuda option is not working

the problem is the same

Af and Pr dont work with MBP r late 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

desnosx wrote:

ok , but Cuda option is not working

1. Validate that your Macbook Pro has the nVidia GPU, and is not just relying on the Intel Iris.  There are 2 15" MBP Retina models available in late '13.  One has the nVidia GPU, the other does not.
  2. Install the latest CUDA drivers from nVidia, found here.
  3. Delete the cuda_supported_cards.txt file found in the Adobe Premiere Pro directory
  4. Delete the cuda_supported_cards.txt file found in the Adobe Media Encoder directory (if using CC)
  5. Enjoy CUDA acceleration with Premiere Pro and AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thank ,

i have late 2013 rmbp

2,3 ghz 16 gb ram 500 ssd iris pro , nvidia 750 m

my problem is not on Adobe but

apple or nvidia

cuda won t load

so i ask here if someone has some news

because i like to use Abobe Acceleration

thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know Apple well but when I built a Hackintosh (about a year ago) I had to load a special Mac CUDA driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

desnosx wrote:

my problem is not on Adobe but

apple or nvidia

cuda won t load

Do you have the CUDA preference panel installed in your Systems Preferences?  Can you take a screen shot while running that panel and upload it to the forums here?

Make sure that the discrete nVidia GPU is actually running and that the system isn't relying on the Iris.  This application will allow you to see which GPU is being used, and to force it to the nVidia if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the CUDA preference panel in my System preferences. Do I have  to install a driver from NVidia?

Just deleting the text files in the contents folder of PP made my project playing back realtime again on the new MBPr.

Because the new Macbook came with Mavericks it could be that it was installed with the latest driver.

Coming from windows don't know where I can see the CUDA driver version. In system report I only see Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smartcel71 wrote:

I don't have the CUDA preference panel in my System preferences. Do I have  to install a driver from NVidia?

Just deleting the text files in the contents folder of PP made my project playing back realtime again on the new MBPr.

If you deleted both text files, you enabled the OpenCL support, but not the CUDA support.  Without the CUDA driver from nVidia, it won't work with Premiere and AME, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason's message from December 30th included a link to the page where you can get the CUDA driver download.  Go here, download and install the latest driver, and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed the CUDA driver 5.5.28.

I see it in the preferences panel. I can see it in the project settings.

But when I choose Mercury Playback Settings (CUDA) in the project settings I don't see no video in the program monitor.

Not even a black window or so.

Do I need to do something else like deleting the cuda supported cards.txt. Which I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines