• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not use the type tool because the scratch disks are full in Photoshop CS5.1?

Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do of get rid of the scratch disk error in photoshop? I'm using Photoshop CS5.1 extended and this error message apperars each time I try to do anything in Photoshop that message comes up. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can remove this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Is your hard drive running low on free space?

How much free space is left on your hard drive?

Is your scratch disk for photoshop set to the Startup drive or some other drive?

(photoshop (edit)>preferences>preformance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7, it says that my hard drive is running low on space, I've tried deleting things but the error message still appears and how do I know if it's set to Startup drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have any other hard drives besides C Drive, then that's the startup drive.

You can find out how much free space you have by going to Start>Computer and then under Local Disk (C) it

should show

XXX GB Free of XXX GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says that I've got 4.82 GB free of 74.4 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard drives are CHEAP. If you have an extra bay in your computer, get a 3 TB drive for very little money, then set your scratch disk to the new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have a minimium of 15% free space.  If you have a 700 gig drive you should have 100 gig free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines