• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8 Install issues

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 8 and when trying to download Flash Player it says either I dont have it installed, its an old version or that it is intergrated into windows 8. I have checked the settings and it is enabled. If I try to download the latest version my computer wont allow me to open it.Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Flash Player for IE is integrated into the browser by Microsoft. You CANNOT update it here. It updates via Windows Update ONLY.

That said, IE11 has been a "rolling train wreck" since Microsoft released it October 18. Sites and pages ALL OVER THE WEB can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for IE is integrated into the browser by Microsoft. You CANNOT update it here. It updates via Windows Update ONLY.

That said, IE11 has been a "rolling train wreck" since Microsoft released it October 18. Sites and pages ALL OVER THE WEB can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem which seems to have occured after my last windows update from 8 to 8.1

I have issues with websites asking me to enable javascript, and others asking me to install flashplayer. Tests tell me that the latest version of flashplayer is installed and functioning well!

I have installed firefox, and whilst web browsing is better, I still get messages to install flashplayer. I cannot view media that needs flashplayer.

When attempting to do this, i get a run script error.

When trying the firefox plug ins for flashplayer, it goes through it but doesn't actually go through the installation.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install flashplayer but this has not helped.

I may have some corruption of the registry with the last windows update. Any ideas on what I should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have installed firefox, and whilst web browsing is better, I still get messages to install flashplayer. I cannot view media that needs flashplayer."

THAT'S because Firefox uses the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and it must be installed IN ADDITION to the ActiveX pluign for IE.  You download it by right clicking the link to the left and choosing "Save Link as". Reboot and run it before you open anything. It should install with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help.  Firefox seems to be working fine now. Will post again if I run into problems again. Hopefully,  windows will come up with a fix for their issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines