• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import from Word-Numbers at end of headings are cut off in the TOC though not in the topics themselv

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp10, though this has always been an issue in all versions of RH that I've used. I have a document with many headings that end in a particular # (it's a version #)

e.g.

I3DMLFeatureLayer65.

I3DMLFeatureLayers65.

I3DMLFeatureProperties65.

I3DViewshed65.

IAction65.

IAttachment65.

IAttribute65.

IAttributes65 

When I import and automatically have the TOC converted, all these headings appear in the RH TOC (books and pages) with the # 65 at the end missing, as such:

I3DMLFeatureLayer.

I3DMLFeatureLayers

I3DMLFeatureProperties

I3DViewshed

IAction

IAttachment

IAttribute

IAttributes 

In the topics themselves, the topic title displays correctly (with the 65 at the end).

Has anyone else experienced this/have any suggestions? TIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see in the topic is the Topic Heading rather than the Topic Title. When a topic is created they should be the same but they can be different thereafter.

What do you see in Topic Title in Topic Properties?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so quickly. In Topic Title I see the full name (with the 65 at the end).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and if you manually drag a topic into the TOC? What then?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has the 65 at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a new project and import a document that is giving this problem. Does it occur again there?

If it does, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will take a look but it might be a few days.

If the document is confidential, just strip out the content as that is irrelevant.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does, and it has been for years (each time we issue an update, I update the word document, and then create a new project to which I import the new word document). I’ll send you the project. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I sent you the project and word file via CuteSendIt.com. I’m afraid the project didn’t send properly the first time, so I resent it. Sorry for the hassle.

Ayelet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first download showed the project and a document so I just downloaded the document. The second download is just the project and a slightly bigger file.

Hopefully that's it.

I will take a look later in the week.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just wanted to check that you weren’t missing information from me or that somehow the documents didn’t transfer correctly. Thanks so much for your time and help.

Regards,

Ayelet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply that plans change at this time of year.

I got exactly the same result and at first I wondered if it was because the document had tracked changes in it. I have seen that cause problems in the past and always recommend accepting them, in a copy document if you don't want to lose the tracking.

Accepting the changes made no difference and I would say this is a bug. Fortunately though there is a workaround that may be acceptable. Quite simply, add a full stop (period) or some other character after the number. A space will not work.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for looking into this for me.

Best regards,

Ayelet Rabinowitz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have added that while that will give you correct Topic Titles and TOC names, the file names might be a bit off.

My topic 1. converts to My topic 11

Do report it as a bug.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... but only in the case of duplicated headings in Word so expected!

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification and thoroughness. Greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp