• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reset my Adobe account?

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have too many devices authenticated to use Overdrive media console. I need to drop some old ones I no longer need.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still have access to them, deregistering them should help and free up a slot; but I have heard it sometimes doesn't.

Otherwise

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html,

or as a slight short cut try http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=digital-editions&topic=using-my-product-or-service

Choose topic ‘'Signing into my Account' , and then click on 'I still need help';

then you should see 'Chat with an Agent' at the bottom of the page.

'Ask our experts' will indeed just lead you back to this forum.

Sometimes you will get ‘Sorry! All agents are busy— please check back soon.’

Don’t refresh the page, just hang on and it should eventually go to ‘Chat Now, and agent is available’.

They can reset your authorizations, and then you must reauthorize any devices you still need.

(Unfortunately, Adobe haven’t got round to an admin website for viewing and editing authorizations.)

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to give up that chat and try another session hoping for a properly trained representative.

If your problem is with another device using Overdrive, Bluefire, Aldiko or similar third party app, it is recommended not to mention that app when on the chat, just mention that you have run out of authorizations  (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) .  Thanks to AJP_Bear for that tip.

~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines