Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer with 10.5.8 and Safari 5.0.6

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help!!

How can i make work my older Macbook with the flashplayer?? Cant watch any videos on Facebook etc...

I am using 10.5.8  and Safari 5.0.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version that will work with 10.5.8 is Flash Player 10.3.183.90. It will likely get "booted" from most Flash video sites today by the HTML in the page. If that's the version you have, it's as far as you can go with Leopard. That's the bad news.

If you've got a PowerPC processor (G5), the news gets worse. You've reached the end of the road for updating a lot of software on your Mac.

If however, you've got an Intel Mac, then there's good news. Apple has OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for $19.99 and they ship free. You can upgrade without losing  your software or files. Snow Leopard is compatible with the latest Flash Player, as well as a lot fo other software that won't run on 10.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Thank you very much for your reply, in fact my machine has a Intel Core Duo 1.87 Mhz! So you mean i could make a uppdate and install the latest version of flashplayer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Get the DVD from Apple. Install it, as au upgrade (which retains your accounts, software, and files) and then do the "combo" update to 10.6.8. Then you'll be able to run Flash Player 11.9.900.170, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I would like reinstall the hole operating system, shouldnt be a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about the drivers etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drivers are proprietary (Mac software, Mac hardware). There were a limited few early 2009 MBPs that experienced an audio issue after upgrading to 10.6, but that was resolved with updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi men, first happy new year!

I tried to install 10.6 but my machine refuse the installation, whats wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Mac Intel or PowerPC?

>About this Mac will show it

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a intel 1.83 Ghz, not power pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have?

System Requirements 

• Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • 5 GB free hard drive space
  • 1 GB RAM
  • DVD drive for installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 gb ram

Mvh Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd.

That's the bare minimum you'd need. Is there enough hard drive space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah plenty, about 40 Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact error it gives when you attempt the install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says that this operationsystem cannot be installed on your system

Mvh Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that you've got an Intel CureDuo and NOT a Core2Duo. That's what usually causes this. The CoreDuo is a 32 bit processor, and the Core2Duo is 64. Snow Leopard is a 64 bit OS and it won't install on a CoreDuo processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi men, yeah its a core duo, so thats it, in fact the only thing i need is to get work the flashplayer, dont know how to fix this issue

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines