Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Adobe Digital Editions for Mac - please Help

Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Kobo Glo and am trying to download/install the Adobe Digital Editions software on my Mac but I am running into issues: (I not very versed in computers so I hope someone can walk me through my issues slowly)

I tried to download the Adobe Digital Editions software and got a screen saying installation was complete, I appear to have Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 and Adobe Digital Editions icons in my applications folder, when I go to open the Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 Icon I am taken to a "bookshelves" page with a "Getting Started with Adobe Digital Editions" booklet in it.

I do not know how to open the Adobe Digital Editions actual software so I can access the "set up assistant" to authorize my computer??????????????? It does not seem to want to open on it's own and I have no idea how to find it.  I do have an Adobe ID.

I thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide. Once again I am not very computer literate so please be very specific.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you have ADE (digital editions) open with  "bookshelves" page with a "Getting Started with Adobe Digital Editions" booklet in it,

enter cmd-shift-U, or menu/Help/Authorize Computer.

That will ask for your Adobe ID and password and authorize the computer.

Once that has been done you shouldn't need to do it again.

Sometimes you do need to if things go wrong, but you certainly shouldn't have to do it at all regularly.

When that has been done, plug in the Kobo; it should show up in the left pane of ADE.

Use "menu/Help/Authorize Device" and that will authorize your Kobo with the Adobe ID from the Mac.

You can then copy books by drag-dropping onto the Kobo within ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines