• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop for Premiere

Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a laptop priced around or below $1,000 that can run Premiere Pro cc fairly well?

Will an HP Envy sleekbook with 6gb ram and a radeon hd 8610g graphics do the job? Besides the amount of ram, what else would be crucial to running PRO CC?  Someone mentioned  a Dell alienware 14  laptop - heavy , priced at $1,000 - as a possibility?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to Hardware forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want 16GB of ram and an Nvidia GPU with atleast 1GB of vram really at the least with a Quad Mobile chip preferably with HT.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EC. Just looked at some gaming computers under the name of alienware from Dell. Expensive, heavy, but I'll double check using your specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mic333,

Here is what I would suggest you do.

1.  Get this ASUS X750JB-DB71.laptop for $909.  I do not like the low resolution of the screen (they do offer this series with a full HD screen), but you have a severe $ restriction.

2.  Buy two hard disk drives like this 500 GB 7200 RPM drives for $60 each and install the OS and applications on the first drive and use your second 500 GB 7200 rpm one for the projects.  The laptop has two internal hard drives.  Of course the ideal configuration would be for SSD's but your budget does not allow that.  Get an external USB 3 2.5 disk enclosure for the 2 x 1 TB 5400 rpm drives and use them for backup/archiving.

3.  Upgrade the memory to 16 GB by installing a 8 GB SO-DIMM in the empty memory slot for about $80.  (I beleive that they install one 8 GB module)

So for about $1100 you have a usable laptop with a great Intel fourth generation mobile i7-4700HQ 4-core hyperthreaded mobile processor with an nVidia GT 740M with 384 CUDA cores but sadly the 2GB of video RAM is DDR3 memory and 16 GB of RAM,  Incidently, you can acquire a disk drive carrier for the interchangable optical drive for a third disk drive.

For about $250 more than the $909 base ($1150) unit you can get a full HD screen in a refurbished unit.  It is a unit that has a better GPU, the GTX 765m.  The GTX 765m It has twice as many cores and the video memory is GDDR5 with much,much better memory bandwidth.  It has a single 1 TB drive installed currently from Newegg.  The BB in the G750JW-BBI7N05 indicates it was original configured for Best Buy where you can get a brand new unit for $1250 plus sales tax.

You just convinced me that I should have one of these and subsequent searching I just found the HD screen refurbished unit at BlinQ.com for $937.89.  I may order from Newegg and use their Iron Egg℠ Price Guarantee program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bill, Checking it out right now. Seems like a good deal. Yes, I will upgrade the ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>laptop priced around or below $1,000 that can run Premiere Pro cc fairly well

l guess that depends on what you are going to edit, and what YOU mean by fairly well

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4717373

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4578948

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I will be editing in Premiere cs 5.5. I just dont' want it to slow down to a crawl when playing the timeline, or cutting scenes. After effects will be saved for desktop - wouldn't even try it with $1000 laptop. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines