• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change ID authorization if wrong ID was installed?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new tablet with all my programs pre-installed.  Adobe ID used for setup is not my ID so now I cannot access my books.  How can I change the authorization ID so that I can access my books?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the ID used for setup on the tablet that does not match the ID for the books?

It will depend on the app on the tablet how to deregister and reregister the Adobe ID.

It should be fairly clear, probably somewhere in the settings for the app.

If you need to reregister ADE on a computer (I don't think it is but I may have misread the question),

ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac) to deregister, then menu/Help/Authorize Computer to reregister.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTL-shift-D does nothing.

In ADE under Help it says “Authorize Computer CtrlShiftU”, however this line item is in light grey, indicating that you cannot click on this line and the command CtrlShiftU does not work either. The next line under Help is” Authorization Information CtrlShiftI” which shows me the ID authorization that is set up for ADE, but this ID is not my correct ID. It was set up by the “seller” of the tablet as a working dummy account (jdcb1403@hotmail.com) for them to set up all the programs I wanted on the tablet. So now I am locked out from changing the authorization for this computer – it keeps telling me this computer is already authorized to that incorrect ID.

How the heck can I get rid of it!! I’m desparate for help. I’m losing approx. 1000+ books because of this!!

Please, Please help me.

Denise Crncich

Jdca1403@sympatico.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked, ctrl-shift-D does not work when you are in reading view, you have to be in library view.

ctrl-shift-D should start the unregistration process that is necessary before re-registering.

It is because you are already registered/authorized that the ctrl-shift-U (Help/Authorize Computer) is greyed out.

Of course, if ADE had been properly written it would allow reregistration with a warning but without an unnecessary extra step;

and even if it hadn't done that it wouldn't have hidden the extra step,

but unfortunately properly written is not sopmething that can be said about ADE.

I understand your evident frustration with this terrible program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help. I had tried the Ctrl-shift-D before in the library view but it didn’t work when I was using the tablet keyboard. I had to attach the physical keyboard in order for it to work. So now I have the correct ID attached and I can access 99.9% of my books. There 8 books that I downloaded with the wrong ID so now I have to contact the vendor and ask them to reset the activation for those books.

Once again, thanks for your help.

“I’M SO HAPPY!!”

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines