• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is corrupt in CS6 and I need to reinstall it. Do I need to uninstall CS6 entirely first?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is corrupt in CS6 and I need to reinstall it. Do I need to uninstall CS6 entirely first? If so, must I deactivate the whole suite before reinstall or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Photoshop Forum.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of the End User License Agreement you can't have more than two activations for a retail software, so yes you can uninstall and reinstall. The only thing is beforehand make sure to deactivate the software first in the Help menu and select deactivate so it doesn't increase the license activation count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this is something that still happens even with PSe all version of past few version. It is not a corrupt thing on the MAC version. It is a permissions issue and can normally be resolved without have to do a reinstall.

So No, you don't need to normally reinstall an app that thinks it is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines