Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer Script Error

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've read through the other topics with similar names and tried implementing their solutions, but my problem still exists.

I have a RH6 project that originated from RH5. The original primary layout was FlashHelp, but, due to needing to merge projects and other issues, we are now trying to output as CHMs.

Everytime I build this project and try to view the output, I get a long Internet Explorer Script Error that points to a certain line of code and says there is an unexpected object. This happens with every topic in the help file.

I've viewed the code and the offending line is part of a javascript call that I can only assume RH created since I did not. (I am the only writer who accesses this project.)

I've even looked at the JS file, and, well, I'd have better luck trying to solve the world's problems than figuring out what that's about.

Oh - everything I'm doing is local to my system - so no network issues that I can think of. Disabling error reporting and debugging in IE did not fix the issue.

The really fun part is that building a CHM file worked yesterday. Out of this exact same project. And I don't know what changed overnight.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Crystal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve my own problem. Probably not the best solution, but it is working, so I'm happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PixelWriter,

Would you be able to post your solution? It might help someone down the track.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, I wouldn't recommend my solution - but it worked for me.

Basically, I went through the help project until I found a topic that didn't return the error. I copied the Script section from that file and pasted it over the script sections of the files that had errors.

This was a pretty reckless move on my part. But, after hours and hours of nothing else working, I was ready to rebuild the project from scratch anyways. So if this had caused major damage, I was already prepared for the consequences!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp